Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Home improvements

For the last week and a half (longer if you count the time David spent on the tile int he entry way) we have been doing some remodeling. We have replaced all of the flooring downstairs and repainted most of the downstairs. My neck and back just ache thinking about painting, but when I am done here, I am headed to do touch-up in the bathroom (which I've painted twice in the last week). The following are pics of David laying the laminate in the living room/dining room. I am so proud of him! He has really done a great job. And I can't forget to give a shout out to his brother Richard for giving up his Saturday to come help! We still have work to do. David is putting on baseboards as I type, but it will all have to be done by Saturday. There is a baby shower at my house! It has been a lot of work, but I am very excited, and the sad part is...It is still cheaper than moving! I promise new pictures of the complete transformation next week!

2 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

The house looks amazing. I'd love to come see all of the improvements Amy talks about!

Amy said...

I was hoping that these pictures would have some finished ones in there too - guess I will have to wait until the shower on Saturday! I LOVE THE FLOORING!!! It is going to look so good that you won't want to move!