Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The big 30!!!!

Happy Birthday to David! Amidst all the construction we did take some time out last week to celebrate David's birthday! He is the big 30! He's not so sure he like being 30, but what can you do. He said he felt really old that night when he was taking a political poll and they asked what age range he was in 18-29 or 30-48! He said he almost lied! Haha! Personally, I think he's aged great! Hehe. Really 30 is not as old as it once was...we are just getting started!

30 balloons for the 30 year old!
Somehow on David's birthday we went to RC Willey to spend some giftcards possibly on a bookcase or a DVD case and ended up coming out with this! No complaints here! I never thought David would spend the money on a camera, but apparently after 7 years my husband still surprises me. He says he's always thought it would be cool to learn photography! Anyway, needless to say, this is actually MY birthday present! Once we get done with al this construction, maybe I'll have time to sit down and really figure out how to use it!


David's birthday, however, did not end that night. On Friday night, I took him out to dinner at this restaurant. It was amazing! It is kind of a random place, but it had great reviews online. If you like Italian, I would highly recommend it! At dinner, I floored David by telling him we had a hotel room for the night. I think that is the first time we have ever left our kids overnight. It was great! Shout out to the Mann's and the Mathewson's for babysitting!
This is our room at the Southpoint. It was an amazing room for the money. We loved it and we loved that we could just go downstairs and watch a movie. We thought about bowling, but we were too tired! We did watch Ghost Town which was surprising funny. We both enjoyed it.

All in all, I think he had a great birthday. Love you, honey!

5 comments:

Justina Selim said...

We were staying at the South Point this weekend too! How funny! We thought is was a really good deal as well and nice rooms. Your camera looks way nice! I am jealous!

The Small Bevell Bunch said...

Happy b-day to your hubby, he has such a good wife!! I know the owners of Casa Di Amore, the company I used to work for did a lot of buisness with them. They are really nice guys!

Amy said...

Glad that we could help babysit the kids so that you could enjoy David's birthday! Tell David that turning 30 sucks, but he can always tell himself that my David is older than him :)

The Small Bevell Bunch said...

Hey I totally forgot about it, we just got home and it was crazy!! Dang I wanted to do it too! :(

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

HOW FUN!! I freaked when I turned 30! :) What a fun night! I am so jealous- you guys always seem to have so much fun!!! Awesome camera- I have been interested in photography since College and was going to persue it as a Career. I am still in hopes for my Canon Rebel XSI 12 mp camera... someday-maybe when Rich is making the big bucks ;)