Friday, November 14, 2008

As Promised

So, as some of you know, my husband went hunting for the first time back in October. I wasn't so sure about it, it kind of grosses me out, but David loved it! He did get a deer while he was there and made me promise to post the pics. They aren't really gruesome or anything, but if you don't want to see a dead deer, DON'T scroll down! While the deer part is gross, I do think my husband looks hot as a hunter! As for those of you wondering if we have eaten any meat yet, my husband has eaten a steak and I have tried the jerky. We have yet to try the ground meat. Sorry if the pics are not great, they were taken from a cell phone camera. David forgot to charge or check ours before he left!




































6 comments:

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

Yay David!!
Rich is so excited to do this someday. Makes me sad, but guys seem to love this sport ;)

The Catmull Crowd said...

Awesome! I have been wondering about these pictures...how brave of you for trying the jerky!

Chelsea said...

Shawn is thoroughly impressed. Me...not so much. Is that the deer's tounge hanging out??? SICK! I won't be eating at your house for dinner any time soon unless we're ordering take-out :)

Amy said...

That is hilarious that you left a space in your post before the pictures! I am glad that he had fun!

Katherine said...

Emily - so sorry to use your comment section as an email, but I realized i didn't have a current email for you.

In answer to your query about Titanic tickets (and all other kinds of things for cheap) - go to www.kshp.com and get a (free) membership to the online shopping network. Then listen to am1400 from 7 am - 9 am or 3 pm - 5 pm each day. Their shoppers guide is online and you can get all kinds of stuff for cheap, cheap, cheap. You buy it by calling into the radio when the show in on the air and generally you will get the item for 40-60% off of the retail price, but on top of their already low prices they have "sales" each day. Then they also have a marathon show once a quarter that lasts for 3 days straight - it also has some items that they don't normally carry. The marathon show is where I got the titanic tickets - entry for the two of us for $15??? - I think it is normally $30/each??? The next marathon show is the first weekend of December - so go get signed up and call/email me if you have any questions.

Kristie said...

Great Pix! Owen would be sooo jealous! or should I say will be when I show him! lol Congrats David!