Sunday, August 17, 2008

The way it always goes...

So, of course, the day after my last post, Spencer finally started to get better. In fact , though I am not going to say this too loud, I think he's finally potty trained! We were with some friends at Burger King and I was just about at the end of my rope with him as he was yet again throwing tantrums and drving me crazy, and he up and tells me he needs to go potty. What?!? It had been weeks since I had heard those words out of his mouth! So I summoned up my last bit of patience and walked with him to the bathroom, because, of course, you can't NOT take him. Sure enough, he went! Not only that, but he hasn't had an accident since! He has even told me when he needs to poop, which was our biggest struggle before. We'll see if this streak continues. Of course, I missed preschool sign-ups on Saturday because I was beginning to think he was never going to potty train! Oh well. I think I am going to sign him up for some random fun little classes and we will worry about preschool next year! As for my long week....I THINK it is finally over, but again I am not going to hold my breath!

1 comment:

Emily B said...

Really they should call it the terrible threes because I think this age is so much worse than two. I'm so glad to hear that he is doing better.