Sunday, April 19, 2009

Valentine's day - finally!!

Yes, it has really been that long! I would like to make my blog into a book one of these days, which is the only reason I am going back soooo far! So if you are looking for something more recent, you will just have to wait! As for us, for Valentine's day we just go out to a nice dinner somtime around Valentine's day and call it good. This year we went to Brio at Town Square. It was really yummy. We also decided to watch a movie while we had a babysitter. As for Valentine's day it was all about the boys. We started our day with some pink doughnuts for the boys and some cute homemade mini quiche for David and I. (I have a pic of this, but I am trying to make these old post short and sweet.) Then we headed out and to feed the ducks at Rhodes Ranch. My boys love this activity, even if my husband thinks we are going to get hit by a stray ball one of these days!




Okay, so the next part of our day was just plain funny. We bought Spencer a kite for Valentine's day and David was determined to fly it that day because Spencer was so excited about it. I tried and tried to tell him there was no way no how enough wind, but he knew best so off to the park we went. Well, as we all know, women know best and that kite went nowhere despite a very valiant effort from David! The kids still had fun running and rolling down the hill.



{Pictures were supposed to go here of attempted kite flying, but my computer sucks and I can't seem to get them uploaded! Luckily my new computer is coming soon!}

4 comments:

Amy said...

You are pathetic Emily! I can't believe that you are JUST posting Valentine's Day. But if you are going to make it into a book I guess it is a good idea to start back that far. I am waiting for Alli to make hers into a book so that I can see how much work it is!

Alli Waldron said...

Chad and I LOVE Brio. The bruschetta is the best. We went during winter so it was too cold to sit outside, but I would love to back again and try it!

Justina Selim said...

We need to try and do kites! That would be so fun for Aiden!

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

I am so glad you are updating! I love seeing new pictures! Miss you guys! Love ya!!